Your soul wants to tell you something.
You have this vague yet persistent feeling that your soul wants to tell you something. Yet you find it
difficult to listen to its voice. You think, maybe if I sit in meditation long enough, or if I read enough self-help books and articles, or if I travel to exotic places and retreats things will become clear, and I'll know the next step to take in life or I'll know myself better.
Maybe it's time to experience a different way of listening. Art can be a way of knowing. It can take you out of limited left brain analytical thinking and put you into an expansive right brain experience. Combine meditation and visualization with creativity, and new insights can powerfully emerge.
A Chakra Body Map Art Intensive could be just the thing you need. Read on to find out more...
How does it work?
- We'll start by creating an outline of your full body on long brown kraft paper. This will be a fun way to interact with others in the workshop.
- Follow this with a session of Kundalini Yoga for the chakras will help remove blockages in the nervous system and the chakras. The different nerve plexus are intimately connected with the chakras and when there are blockages, the true nature of the chakras cannot become manifest in our lives. So for example, if the throat chakra is blocked we're not able to express ourself well or we are fearful to speak our truth. If the third-eye chakra is blocked we're not in touch with our intuition or we lack insight into the deeper meaning of life experiences.
- Follow this with a chanting meditation to increase our spiritual awareness and raise our energetic vibration. This expands the aura and takes us beyond the earthly realm. This experience allows us to see in a different way. Your personal journal will be handy to record any insights you have.
- After a short lunch, we'll experience a guided meditation for each of the chakras as you listen to your soul speak the medicine you need to hear. Again your personal journal will be the tool to record your insights and images of areas in your life that you seek to heal or transform.
- Then comes the fun of creative expression as you transpose the "soul speak" onto your body map using coloured markers. No art experience is necessary as the purpose is not to create a great work of art but instead to give expression to what your soul has told you. Your body map might need an expression for each chakra, or maybe just a few of the chakras need to be expressed but they speak loudly enough to cover your whole map. Each person's body map will be unique.
- Afterwards, you'll have an opportunity to share your creative experience and your insight, and view others' body maps.